Q-SkinScience® Phyto-Active Moisture Barrier Repair Cream is modeled after the natural skin barrier. It is a. light, easily absorbed formulation containing a proprietary combination of, natural essential lipids, a patented natural bioactive keratin, ceramides and apple stem cell extract providing optimum skin barrier protection and long lasting repair and regeneration.
Q-SkinScience® Phyto-Active Moisture Barrier Repair Cream is especially designed for individuals with sensitive skin, atopic dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis and eczema. It is also ideal for use post Laser, IPL, Chemical Peels and Micro-Dermabrasion.
- Repairs & restores dry & irritated skin
- Promotes Hydration, Firmness and Elasticity in Skin
- Helps reduces Redness Associated with Inflammation and Sensitive Skin
- Improves the Brightness and Radiance of the Skin
Apply the Phyto-Active Moisture Barrier Repair twice daily after cleansing with Quintessence® Purifying Cleanser and Quintessence® Green Tea Toner. It may also be combined with other skincare products
- Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Extract:The components in the cytosol of selected plant stem cells such as Malus domestica (Apple) are rich in specific factors that help to protect and maintain the function of skin stem cells. In addition, Malus domestica var. Uttwiler Spätlauber cells are shown in Swiss studies to contain metabolites which support longevity of skin cells.
- Ceramides: Occur naturally in the epidermis and are a key component of the skin’s barrier composing 40% of the lipids in the human Stratum Corneum (J Invest Dermatol. 1987 Mar;88:2s-6s). They help restore the skin’s natural lipid balance (by forming lamellar membranes) providing barrier repair and helping prevent trans-epidermal water loss.
- Squalene: Occurs naturally in human skin and is known to protect and lubricate. Its levels are highest when we are young. Somewhere around the twenties, levels start to decline rather rapidly. The Squalene used in the Phyto-Active Barrier Repair is naturally derived from Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea), known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Glycerin: Is a potent humectant, with strong hydroscopic (water attracting) abilities. It is the most similar to the Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF) of the human skin. Glycerin was shown to play an important role in skin hydration, insofar as its levels were shown to be associated with stratum corneum hydration levels (J. Invest. Dermatol. 2005;125:288-93)